THE FUTURE OF THINKING
THE SKILLS WE WILL ALL NEED IN THE FUTURE TO STAY AHEAD OF INTELLIGENT MACHINES
So, what does the future look like? Will it be mass underemployment as most of us are replaced by intelligent machines, or a future of more interesting, worthwhile work freed from routine decision making?
Actual data is bearing out our belief that humans will always invent new problems to solve, which means there will always be new opportunities for business.
But only if we adapt our thinking to cope with this new world of possibility
3 Key Takeaways:
- Understand the trends facing business, society and the world over the next 10 years
- Preview the 5 key thinking skills that all professionals will need to stay ahead of intelligent machines
- How modern organisations can profit from these skills
In this signature keynote, we answer the most commonly asked questions about the future
- Why reports of the US in decline are grossly exaggerated - actually, they’re plain wrong.
- What a multipolar world will look like
- What are the most significant technologies coming in the next 5 years
- What is the future of privacy
We then move to the 5 key thinking skills that we will need to stay ahead of intelligent machines
- How innovation thinking will help renew our products, methods and business models
- how new methods of critical thinking will help shield us from the epidemic of false information
- New insights into persuasion can extend our influence like never before
- Why radical open mindedness is the secret to maintaining youthfulness in ourselves and our organisations
- How futurists are able to forecast future trends, and tell the difference between a blip and the beginnings of a movement
Finally, we look at how modern organisations can profit from this new world order.
- Structures that can help promote innovation
NEW IDEAS BY EVERYONE
HOW EVERYONE (AND I MEAN EVERYONE) CAN LEARN TO COME UP WITH USEFUL NEW IDEAS ON DEMAND
Yes, you read it right - EVERYONE can learn this.
The key future skill of Innovation Thinking is actually teachable. EVERYONE from the Chief Executive, to the accountant, to the customer service team can learn how to come up with useful new ideas whenever they're needed.
In this interactive, high energy keynote, you will learn the some of the basic techniques that we teach in our half day and full day workshops.
3 Key Takeaways:
- Look at why innovation thinking doesn’t come naturally to us, and why traditional education has made it even harder
- Understand the basic principle of disruptive thinking that underpins all other techniques
- Showcase 4 of the most powerful techniques of innovation thinking, so you can bring them back to your workplace
Early in the keynote, I bring two audience members onto the stage to represent the left (analytical) and the right (creative) functions of our brain, and why the left has always dominated.
We see how thinking has been left brain dominated ever since the days of the ancient Greeks, a fact which has served the western world very well up till now.
I then show the basic technique to disrupt linear, left brain thinking with a technique inspired by the simple craft of sketching.
It’s then time to showcase our three favourite techniques in Innovation Thinking:
- Build a big list (to look where no one else is looking). Left brained people love this one!
- Poke the mind with a nonsense.
- Create a big problem